Classic and Authentic Design
with Analog-like Control
• Encased in an elegant,
classic camera body of matt black finishing.
• Complement with a user-friendly analog-like interface, which enhances the
nostalgic user experience, yet is easy to operate.
• Large 2.5-inch LCD Monitor with wide viewing angle.
- Night Display function automatically brightens the subject on the LCD
monitor for easy framing
Superb Image Quality
• Powered by the NEW
DIGIC III Imaging Processor for:
- Faster processing computing speed.
- Improved noise reduction signal processing at high speed settings
- Lower power consumption
- Higher definition for signal output to LCD monitor
• 6x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) to shoot more close-up
and steady pictures.
• NEW high ISO 1600 reduces camera shake and blurring of fast-moving
subjects even in low-light condition. When the “high-speed auto” setting is
activated, depending on the situation, the speed is automatically set within
the range of ISO80 to 1600.
NEW Face Detection Technology
• Incorporates the Face
Detection AF and Face Priority functions, which work hand-in-hand to capture
stunning photos of subjects’ faces with sharpness and right exposure easily.
- Face Detection AF: Detects as many as 9 subjects’ faces in a picture. If
no faces are detected the AF system automatically switched to the
conventional 9-point AiAF setting.
- Face Priority: Automatically determines the ideal exposure setting for a
perfectly-exposed picture even in difficult situations where subjects are
set against a backlit or dark background.
NEW Safety Zoom
• Intelligently transits
seamlessly from optical to digital zoom without deterioration in image
NEW Digital Tele-converter
• Built into the camera
to allow user to shoot subjects at greater distance, as though an external
tele-converter is used.
* The digital tele-converter cannot be set when the recording pixels are set
to widescreen or Postcard Date Imprint.
16:9 Widescreen Still Shooting
• Shoot, view and print
still images in 16:9 widescreen format.
• Choose to view 16:9 letterbox format in LCD monitor and even on a
conventional 4:3 TV.
• Print 16:9 widescreen format when connected to Canon CP printers* using
Canon’s wide size papers.
*Under ‘ Pictbridge mode’ connection for CP710/510/ 730/ 720 printers.
When connected to other CP printers, connectivity to computer with software
Image Inspection Tool
• Enables dual image
display on the LCD to check the focusing on the selected frame or spots at
the touch of a button.
• Not available in Movie or Stitch Assist modes.