- Connects to all video cameras, decks and editing systems
- Converts professional and consumer analog video formats to DV and back in one simple step
- Converts DV device control signals to RS422 for professional VTR control
- Canopus PerfectSync technology eliminates signal disturbances, frame skips and duplications for perfect conversion of every frame
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Canopus EDIUS, Final Cut Pro®, Avid Xpress®, Vegas®, Adobe® Premiere® Pro and more
- YUV component, S-Video and composite video I/O
- Reference input and LTC time code I/O
- XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced audio I/O
- Can be used as a stand-alone bidirectional analog/digital video converter without needing a computer
- Quick configuration using front panel dial control with LCD status and settings display
- 1U 19-inch rackmount design
- NTSC and PAL compatible
ADVC700 not only incorporates the same video conversion technology present in the entire ADVC family of products, providing excellent reproduction of the source video footage, but also features PerfectSync technology. PerfectSync controls and synchronizes the transfer rate of IEEE 1394 communication with an external reference signal. This prevents skipped and duplicate frames and produces perfect conversion of all frames during analog/DV conversion.
Many of the current analog/DV converters adjust the output by skipping and/or duplicating frames in order to synchronize the DV signal to an external sync signal's frame frequency. In these converters, there is no guarantee that all input frames will output to DV accurately without frame repetition and/or frame drops. Since ADVC700 is primarily designed for studio environments, frame accuracy is essential for accurate offline/online editing. With PerfectSync, this is assured.
ADVC700 converts DV device control signals to RS422, to control an external VTR. Such control makes it possible to take in data from professional VTRs such as Digital Betacam from any standard DV editing software that features DV device control.
Reference input and LTC input/output can be utilized to create a professional video editing system with editors or switchers.
• Reference Input
• LTC input/output
• Reciprocal TC conversions (LTC, DV TC)
ADVC700 also features built-in analog filtering technology to improve the quality of analog video input during conversion. Filtering options include 3D Y/C separation, 3D noise reduction, 2D Y and 2D C noise reduction, black/white gain adjust and horizontal/vertical outline enhancement.At the heart of ADVC700 is the innovative Canopus DV codec chip, providing the industry's highest picture quality preservation during analog-to-DV conversion and locked audio support for perfect audio and video synchronization at all times.
ADVC700 is quickly configurable. The front-side dial and LCD display feature controls for Video and Audio I/O selection, aspect ratio, audio sample rates, audio delay, reference sync, RS422 control, color bar output, PerfectSync adjustments and more.
ADVC700 can operate as a stand-alone device not requiring a computer, while keeping any preprogrammed settings.