Panasonic have introduced another compact camera to
their ever popular P2 solid state range, the
This compact, lightweight camera brings HD & SD
quality recording through the P2 card media, with the ease
and mobility of being handheld. The new model is 25% lighter
than the AG-HVX201E.
The AG-HPX171 camera features two card slots which
allows you to hot swap between media, so if one card becomes
full it will transfer the recording onto the next available
The Panasonic AG HVX171 comes equipped with a new 1/3"
progressive 3CCD system and delivers a significantly improved
signal to noise ratio and prevents smear. Other features on this
new camcorder include a 20 step variable frame rate function that
allows you to creat an slow or fast motion effect (known as
overcranking and undercranking).
The camera also features an improved focus assist
function to support HD shooting, a waveform/vectorscope display
function, and an HD/SD switchable output compatible with a wide
variety of functions.
The new 13x Leica Dicomar lens on the AG HPX-171 is
lighter and more compact than the acclaimed lens on the HVX-201. It
features a class leading width of 28mm which provides exceptional
versatility without the need for a conversion
- Compact, Lightweight HD/SD
- Brings High Image Quality and Easy Handheld
- 13x zoom lens with 28mm wide-angle
- Weighs only 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg) and has a compact handheld
- 13x zoom lens with 28mm (35mm equivalent) wide-angle
setting, 72mm diameter and cam-driven manual
- Newly developed 1/3” 16:9 progressive CCD for high
image quality and sensitivity.
- Eleven-step frame rate selection in 720p mode for
variable-speed shooting in the 12 fps to 60 fps
- Selectable gamma including Cinelike
- Broadcast quality DVCPRO HD recording in 1080/720 HD
- Two P2 card slots allow up to 64 minutes of continuous HD
recording when using 32GB P2 cards.
- Hot swap rec, loop rec, pre-rec, one-shot rec, and
interval rec functions.
- SD (480i) multi-codec recording in DVCPRO 50/DVCPRO/DV,
with 16:9/4:3 aspect ratios.
- Standard-equipped HD/SD-SDI output
- XLR 2-channel audio inputs with 48V
- IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0 terminals for PC
AG-HPX171 AG-HPX171E AGHPX171 AGHPX171E